Tuesday 19 July 2011

What I've Been Clicking On

Finally - here are the websites I've been wiling away my time on recently:

1. Various Everton fora
The usual summer drill - day after day of painstakingly scouring Everton message boards hoping to see if signed someone, or to glean some inside knowledge on a deal in process. And day after day of disappointment!
I've been a regular visitor especially to BlueKipper and Grand Old Team in particular. The latter is home to one guy who seems to be genuinely 'in the know'. However, his bits of news and info are generally hard to prove, as they largely involved nothing happening whatsoever because the club is skint!
As yet, no news is bad news...


2. Music goodness
A lot of my music finds come via Pitchfork nowadays, although it has to be said that their reviews often reach a level of pretension that is almost unbearable.
The big discovery for me though has been a replacement for Spotify! With Spotify needing the download of a piece of software to operate, it can be a pain to access it away from home. This led to frustration and unwanted musical silences. I tried using the reformed MySpace music site but found it clunky and cumbersome. Listening to the radio was ok at times, but I wanted greater control over what I was listening to. Then, Pete Elliott, a good friend of mine, introduced me to Grooveshark and I've not looked back! It has a lot of the good features of Spotify - ease of use, and a wealth of songs to listen to, absolutely free. However, unlike Spotify, your listening is unlimited, and more importantly, browser based! There's nothing to download at all, so you can listen to it wherever you have an internet connection! I definitely recommend it!

3. Twitter
Obvious I know, but I it's just so much fun. I reckon I find out most of what's happening in the world via Twitter nowadays, and I like how easy it is to find stuff out quickly. Whether it's on my phone, on my iPod or on my computer, I can keep in touch with people really easily, and it's a great source of news, information and acerbic humour!
Facebook is a distant 2nd for me now, when it comes to social networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment